Sunday, 12 January 2014

CID 2 Holiday Reflection (1)

Sin Re
The end of year holiday of 2013 is a special holiday for me as it is the first end of year holiday of my secondary school life and is the first end of year holiday I am assigned homework to do, which efficiently kept my brain active throughout the holidays.However there was also a special event that made my holiday special and different from all past years holidays, which is my uncle's wedding in Japan, Fukuoka.
I set off for Japan on the 20th December where I sat on a plane to Shanghai to transit there to Japan. The plane journey felt short to me as I watched movies on the plane (e.g. Jack the giant slayer etc.) and slept the remaining of the journey. Then, I sat on a plane to Japan and was greeted by the cold of the night when my family and I stepped out of the airport. However, the cold was melted when I saw my uncle and his fiancĂ© whom greeted us warmly. We spent the next day touring around the area and is introduced to many temples and a earthquake centre, where we got to experienced a typhoon, earthquake and a fire where we had to escape the room filled with smoke. 
However, the next day proved to be even more enjoyable as I attended the wedding of my uncle and watch as the couple said their wedding vows and shared a loving kiss. 
The next few days were spent in Tokyo as we visited Tokyo Disneyland and went to appreciate the scenery of Mt Fuji. 
As the trip ended, we returned to Singapore, with happy memories and missing luggages, which were left in Shanghai and only mailed back the next day. However, the trip was an eye-opener and a special imprint on my memory of this holiday.  

Regina
During my holidays, I completed a VIA project with two of my seniors. We went to a soup kitchen and spent the time there. From the project, I learnt about being more confident and outspoken and most importantly, teamwork. We prepared the food by ourselves, from the ingredients to the delivery of food. However, the most significant thing would be the amount of people that helped out with the delivery. They were all volunteers and without the help of these people, we would not have completed the delivery on time. I think it was very significant because these people were all volunteers and the fact that they were not obliged to come. It made me realize that in this society, there are still people who are willing to help the less fortunate. This also reminded me that there are these less fortunate people and that I should be grateful that I have such a comfortable life. Besides that, I went to Indonesia for the first time. I got to experience the different culture there, and the different ways they run certain things. I think it was an interesting trip and I also learnt that because of the elections every five years, the money that we had when I was there can only be used in 2013, before the elections. I think this fact is interesting because in Singapore, even if there are elections, the money that we used wouldn't 'expire'. In conclusion, I spent an enjoyable holiday. 


Douglas
During my holidays, I went to Thailand. It was very fun. I went to Dream world to play. I went to Thailand's underwater world too. It was a fun experience. I spent the rest of my holidays at home. I went out with my friends too. I went to watch a few movies. I really hope December will come soon. I like hanging out with my friends cuz I don't have the time during school days so I hope holiday will come soon when I can go overseas and play with my friends. Only during holidays then I will have time to do things that I wan to do. 

Vanessa
During the December holidays, I went to Perth, Australia. As my family owns a house there near an airbase, I got to stay there for 5 weeks and 2 days. I hardly went to the CBD in Perth City as I stayed in the city of "Melville", between the regions of "Jandakot" and "Leeming", but I did travel north of Perth by taking a bus and the train to a place called "Joondalup", as well as far south to the regions of "Mandurah" (pronounced with a silent "u") and "Albany" to enjoy the sea breeze there. But most of my holidays were spent in doing the paper homework I received. My schedule was pretty limited and all I could do to relax was to hang around in the front porch and the back yard of my house with garden chairs and read books borrowed from the nearby library, apart from doing homework, in between meals as there was no wifi to use my iPad.

Lin Xu 
During my holidays, i went to pulau ubin to cycle. It was really fun because the trails are rocky and the scenery is really nice. However, the bicycle was old and not really in peak condition. The rocky roads also caused me to nearly fall a few times. There is even a mountain bike park that is huge and we can cycle there all day long. The rent of bicycles are cheap as compared to east coast park. It was a really enriching experience



1 comment:

  1. This is just a try to test if the comment works XD

    ReplyDelete