Sunday, 23 February 2014

Chingay reflection

Sin Re

As this is my first time going to Chingay, I am very fascinated by the many interesting performances and touched as the performers are very synchronized,which meant that they put a lot of time and effort into perfecting this performance. I also feel that the theme this year,布海同心 -(colors of fabric, one people) is a meaningful theme as Singapore is a multi-racial country which promotes racial harmony and equality and Chingay also plays an important role in maintains the balance between the different races as people of different races are able to have fun and celebrate together at Chingay, people of different races are able to spend the day bonding with each other and spending enjoyable moments with each other, regardless of whether they are the performers or the audience, as the times enjoyed together will always be a treasured memory. However, I also feel that we could most probably be more active and cheer louder as for a certain period of time the cheering has significantly lessened which could demoralize the performers as it would be disappointing for them as they had put in a lot of effort to put up this performance but the audience (us) did not show our support for it. Nevertheless, the lack in our enthusiasm did not mean that I did not enjoy the learning journey! For example I was very excited to see the fireworks light up in the night sky as the light from the fireworks are reflected off the various buildings and added colours to the background of the flyer which made the entire Singapore background more beautiful, it was so breathtaking that I was speechless!
 (Breathtaking fireworks!!!)

In conclusion, I feel that it was a wonderful performance and we could be a better audience but the whole learning journey was a success and we have learnt and gained a lot from it.

Regina 


This was my first time watching Chingay, live or on television. It was a rare opportunity to be able to watch the Chingay Parade with my friends. I was very fascinated by the vibrant colours of the different floats and performances, and I could see the effort the performers put in for this parade as all the dance steps were synchronized, something that cannot be achieved without effort. There were many people, audience and performers, of various races in the parade and I could see and experience the multi-cultural diversity in Singapore. It was a really enriching and fun learning journey in my opinion, and if I have the chance, I will definitely want to watch the Chingay Parade again.

Douglas

This is my first time watching Chingay live. It is a rare opportunity to be able to watch the Chingay parade live with my classmates. I am amazed by the colorful floats there and the performance. The effort the performances put in for this performance is really commendable. The multiracial in Singapore is really something to be proud of. Overall I really enjoyed myself in the parade. It was a fun and enriching programme. 

Vanessa

The Chingay was a first time experience for me as I didn't even know that such a thing called Chingay existed until this year. It was an enriching experience for me as I gained a lot from it. The performers were very synchronised and coordinated and must've put in a lot of effort in practising their respective acts for the last few months. I fully appreciate all the effort that they have put in for the rehearsal, even though it is not the real thing and I didn't really like the performances. The ushers were not so good as they seem to lack the familiarity of the area near the F1 pit. We had to wait for quite a while before getting to our seats and had to watch a few buses pass by us, not picking us up back to school after the parade, as the ushers said that those buses were not for us. What they could have done was to familiarise themselves more with the area at the F1 pit so as to reduce the waiting time needed to bring us to our seats and ensure a swift clearance out of the area after the parade. However, their enthusiasm, combined with the student councillors', sort of rubbed off on us too as we were more "hyper" nearer to the end of the parade, cheering away. The secondary school behind us, Serangoon Secondary, had a few very enthusiastic students as well but unlike us, they were just screaming their heads off, which made it harder for me to enjoy the parade. What fascinated me was also the lighting and lasers. With the help of a fog machine, I was able to see the beams of light and lasers produced in the optically denser medium. What struck me too was also the environmental friendliness of the parade as I could tell that they were trying to use recycled materials like old CDs attached to a chain of LED lights in one of the segments of the Chingay parade. This demonstrated the creativity and innovation of 21st century youths. Overall, I felt that I learnt more about the multi-racial society of Singapore and if I had the chance to go to the Chingay parade again, I would definitely do it. 

Lin Xu
I thoroughly enjoyed the chingay parade as it was my first time attending a chingay parade. The theme colors of fabric was well expressed through the entire colorful ceremony and the wonderful music which includes even modern kpop music(electric shock). The performers danced professionally and they had prepared long and hard for perfection during chingay. We should all appreciate the parade as it is an important cultural part of Singapore that cannot be replaced. I also really liked the parade due to the fact that we got to see another part of both classmates and teachers. The lights display was also very magnificent and demonstrated the technological ability of 2014. Singapore has truly outdone itself and established Chingay on the world platform. One key discomfort and point that i really dislike is that the chairs were small and weak. The chairs were rocky and tightly packed together. My bag kept dropping due to the gap and I couldn't stand properly due to the limited space between the chairs. Overall, the Chingay was a wonderfully enlightening experience for me as it opened my eyes and exposed me to a multi racial performance. This showcases Singapore's multi racial society that is worth praising. This is truly a world class celebration which I'm confident no other countries can ever make an exact or even better replica.


No comments:

Post a Comment