The way you present yourself in a presentation is very important as it is a sign to see if you are able to effectively communicate and engage a group of people to pass a message to them. Presentations are also one of the many times where people will judge you and make up their impression of you. Skills are needed to conveying appropriate signals for the situation and for the other individuals involved which brings me to my reflection of my presentation.
I feel that our group had not done the presentation well enough as we had not practiced much and had not made clear the limits of what we could and could not joke about. However, despite our presentation which had not met our expectations, we have learnt a lot of useful presentation skills and how to allow listeners to remain engaged in our presentation which will definitely benefit my future presentations. Points we learnt include: to maintain eye contact with your audience, to present yourself in a confident way and have a correct posture. By listening and observing others group's presentations, I fully understandhow importance one has to present himself confidently as groups that shown less confidence had not performed as well as those who have it and the audience are not as engaged to their presentation too. I also learnt that in order to capture the audience's attention, you will have to attract them in many ways such as to use humor to capture their attention or to use different tones in your voices to allow the audience to understand the different emotions you are feeling. Such skills need a lot of practices even if it come to us naturally, thus, I have also learnt the point that practice is always needed as “Practice makes perfect” andeven if we are good in the area, we should not take that as an excuse and should convince ourselves that we have to practice more to excel even better.
Regina
This CID presentation really taught me a lot about presentation skills. I learnt the important things to take note when doing a presentation. For example, to be able to maintain eye contact with the audience, to ensure that the one presenting is engaging the audience. Another example would be keeping a good body posture, for example not slouching or standing on one leg. I understand that a good body posture reflects on your confidence and it gives the audience assurance. However, I think that our group did not perform well enough because there were various things like slouching and not being prepared enough. I think that if we was given another chance, we would all definitely prepare on our parts better, being more prepared. Overall, this was a good chance to gain experience on presentation skills and I hope that I'll be able to enhance these skills in the future.
Lin Xu
This CID presentation taught me a lot about presentation skills. Mr Chua has kindly given us valuable comments to improve on my presentation skills which were not up to mark. We must have a good body posture, one that exudes confidence and attract the audience attention. We should have an appropriate speaking pace and have a thorough understanding of our topic so as to prevent any embarrassing moments if classmates ask a question which I have no answer too. I also realized my speech was too casual and informal and needed a more formal tone as this is an official presentation. I felt that our presentation was really terrible compared to other groups and i feel guilty about it as I was the main culprit. If given another chance, I would definitely prepare a much better presentation worthy of an A so as to pull up my grades and not let my fellow group mates down.
Douglas
I really enjoyed myself throughout the Chingay. CID let me expressed my feelings for the Chingay. CID also help improved my presentation skills making me a more confident speaker. However, many things could be done better. To be honest, we rushed out the slides and presentation. If we had done it before hand, it would have been better. I would still like to thank Mr Chua for his comments on our presentation so we can improve and do a better job next time. I really learnt alot from CID.
No comments:
Post a Comment